Thursday, May 14, 2009

Momma Made It


When I was a little girl, my Mom and Granny would sew cute outfits for us to wear. There was a contest at the state fair one year called "Momma Made It" and they sewed an outfit for me, my sister, and my brother to each wear in the contest. I know at least one of the outfits won a ribbon but can't remember whose it was.....

So, this Mother's Day weekend, Natalie and I were staying at my Mom's house and I had my first ever sewing lesson from my Mom. I was going to make an A-line dress but switched to a pillowcase dress style because it seemed easier (no lining or buttons). My Mom was a good teacher and was very patient with me. I had quite a few mistakes but am very proud of the end result! Look at this cute little summer-time dress that Natalie now has.... and I can honestly say, "Momma Made It" (with a little help of course)! :)

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Very cute! Great job!