Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Party in Pink


While getting lost in Blog Land; I stumbled across Fringe Girl's blog and discovered that she had come up with the idea for a Party in Pink to celebrate that October is National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. When I read about it; I knew it was something I needed to do. I know three breast cancer survivors in my immediate family and this post is in honor of them (my step-mom Ronnie & her mom Ann and also my grandmother Mavis). I also found a lump in my breast at a very young age and it turned out to be benign but I learned at a young age to "feel your boobies". So, post of pic of yourself wearing pink (or maybe a loved one like I did...I cheated and am using a pic of my baby Natalie at 12 months old b/c she is too cute to resist) on your blog and join the Party in Pink; you'll be glad you did something in honor of others!

3 comments:

trash talk said...

You're right...it does feel good to do something...anything!
Natalie is darling.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining Party in Pink today! I'm glad you posted.
-FringeGirl

j said...

I like to get lost in Blogland too. It's nice to stumble across a new blog!

Baby Girl is precious! Such beautiful eyes!