Sunday, June 13, 2010

"How Bout A Diffent One"


(*Second ever attempt at pig tails*)

For at least the past month or longer, Natalie has been requesting very specific songs at nap time and bed time. Apparently she has tired of the classic lullaby tunes we usually sing for her and now she tells us what she wants us to sing...."the mickey song", "the daddy song", "the skippyjon jones song", etc, etc.
Seriously, if there is any imaginable topic then Natalie wants us to make up a song about it and sing it to her. It is really quite cute but can be difficult at times to make up a song on the spot about a character from a book. Usually as I start to sing "Rock a bye baby" she lays her head on my shoulder and then pops back up saying "How 'bout a diffent one?" in the sweetest voice and then she makes her request.


Some other cute things that I want to remember from this time:

She has recently (this week 6/14) taken to pretending that some of her stuffed toys (mickey, minnie, and a green M&M) are actually characters from Thomas the train. She calls them by name (thomas, gordon, percy, james) and pretends that they are doing things with her like helping to clean or build block towers and then feeds them and puts them down for nap or in timeout. I wrote another post about it with a picture here.

She calls both the Sesame Street characters Bert and Ernie, "Bernie" (which is also what Ryan said as a child).

She says "No" and "I can't" all the time and is constantly trying to assert her independence and test limits like a typical two year old. She tells us "I don't want eat my bekfest" and "I can't poopoo on potty".

She pretends that Goldilocks and Figaro and other characters are in our lives...."Goldilocks is in my playhouse! Oh no! Goldilocks is eating my porridge!".....and...."Figaro came in my house. Bad kitty. I spank figaro."

1 comment:

Wilson's Winners said...

she reminds me of stirling in so many ways! Hope you are well!!!!!